Wherever you live in MD, if you are already a member, you can get the specialized tags for your vehicle with the Surfrider Foundation logo. OK it’s the old logo but it is still cool. Click here for a preview of what they look like. Here is what you need to do to get one:
1) Be a member first. Join or renew you Surfrider Foundation membership using this link, – it helps the local Chapter http://www.surfrider.org/support-surfrider?source=CH46
2) Email one of our volunteers, Stephanie Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for her mailing address. Once you have it, send a check for $50 made to Surfrider Foundation, OCMD Chapter and a self-addressed stamped envelope to her. $25 covers the cost of the plates, $25 is an additional gift to the Surfrider Foundation (one time)
3) She will then send an application to you.
4) You fill out the MVA’s application and send back to Stephanie who signs and certifies that you are a member and sends it to the MVA.
5) MVA sends you your plates.